Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Share --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden light.”
Mt 11:30
I love this reading today as my family and I leave for Creation Fest 2011; I really feel that I am taking a journey into the unknown to spend time with God.  When you read through the pages of the North Country Catholic there are many who are on a journey, who have answered "Yes" to Jesus' request to "Come to me". The recent Deaconate ordinations, the graduates of the Christian Formation programs, the young people who will be attending World Youth Day, the DRE's who attended the lastest CORE meeting at Guggenheim, young people dedicating their life to missions in other countries, and being missionaries to the young of our Diocese by being Camp Counselors. And the hard part is over, when we say YES and we get moving, the rest is easy if we have the key. Jesus gave us that key, he tells us to love God and love your neighbor as yourself, which means, that we put God first, we need not be afraid of anything, especially what others will think of us. We care for that person standing next to us, it doesn't matter what they need, we try to provide it, and we can't forget to love ourselves, learn to forgive ourselves and respect ourselves and offer ourselves a life in which God had designed for us. Anything less is breaking the commandment. Sometimes it is easy to do things for others, and inside live in a place where you can't find anything to praise God for. We can only bring forth from ourselves what we have. Let us pray for one another as we journey with God.


No comments:

Post a Comment